Given that many workers need extensive travel time to get home, the delays in production will extend beyond the traditional Chinese New Year (Feb 12th - Feb 22nd). The article forecasts with travel delays, most manufacturing employees will start to leave Early February, with operations returning to near normal around March 4th. Below is a rough timeline of how the new year will affect manufacturing schedules.
- End of January: Suppliers will begin to stop production.
- Early February: Employees begin leaving the factories.
- February 11: All employees have left the factory.
- February 12: Chinese New Year.
- End of February: Employees begin arriving back at the factories.
- March 4: Most employees have returned.
- March 11: Operations are almost back to normal.